Friday, September 15, 2006

Do you need blinker fluid?



I know this is a subject we all have had at one point in our time span of driving a motor vehicle. Whether we use them or not, this is the question of the day: Do you need blinker fluid?


I know most will say that is a blonde joke, but this is getting ridiculous.

Driving home on Wednesday night I had not 2, not 5 but 10 people cut me off; coming into my lane or coming in from an on ramp that extends to another exit ramp.

Why do people refuse to use their blinkers while driving? I am not clairvoyant, I do not know where you are going and I have no idea you want in my lane without a warning. I will be more than happy to let you over into my lane, but for goodness sake, use your darn blinkers. For those who do not know where the blinker switch is, it’s connected to your steering wheel on the left side. It’s not there for decoration.




I am not patting myself on the back to say I am a great driver, (I am an occasional speeder) but I use my blinkers, (even to turn in to my driveway). Maybe this extends to my father and mother teaching me how to drive correctly or maybe I am a courteous driver, which ever the case may be, I use my blinkers.

Did the motor vehicle manufactures put them in our cars as an optional feature? No, they were meant to be used as our brake lights have a purpose. Brake lights are letting the driver behind you know they are either “A” slowing down, or “B” coming to a stop. So, why not use the blinkers? Laziness, talking on the cell phone (another pet pea of mine), stupidity or they don’t know they have one. So the purpose of the blinkers: You are moving into the left lane, right lane or turning onto another street or maybe a drive way. This is common since people, so why is it so hard to use them? Can anyone help me with this dilemma?


Now to be fare, as I have stated, I use my blinkers and there are people out there who want let me over. I assume these are the people who don’t use theirs because they don’t know what the blinking means. Maybe they think I have decorations on my car, you think?

Now thought of the day…….

"Go ahead, make my day."
~Clint Eastwood


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

blinkers?? blinkers?? we don't need no stinking blinkers!!

My truck is bigger than everyone else so I don't need a blinker! HA!

By the way, I've seen your driving.. blinker's for you are a warning "HERE I COME!"

10:50 AM  
Blogger Cindy Barb said...

OK!!!!! At least I use the stinking blinkers.....

My truck will make them move to, but the bigger trucks, like yours want let me over. Is this a who is bigger than who thing?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Look at you!! Putting pictures on your blog!!

I'm with you! I can't stand people who dont use their blinkers!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home