Monday, July 24, 2006

It's sunshining outside with a cool wind coming in from the south, the dogs are lying in the grass sunning. I take my cup of coffee to the back deck and sit to watch the humming birds play.

I reflect on my weekend and a tear falls with sadness. I am sitting in Oklahoma with so much going on between my daughter and my health and I wonder how my fav cousin and Aunt are holding up.

My parents left after being with me for 3 weeks to help out getting my daughter back and fourth to the Dr, hoping for the surgery. It was a sad Saturday morning around 6:30, but I didn't know at 8:30 it would become sadder. Mr Doug Levins - a man who has been a part of my life since birth passed away. My 1st cousin's grandfather, my Aunt's father and to me (kind a like a distance grandfather). Mr. Levins was close with my family in so many ways.

What hurts more? People do not have a since of closeness that Gary and I grew up with, and that burdens my soul. So many people miss out of love and what love can bring.

When you married into this family, your entire family married into it one way or another. Uncle Larry is my mothers brother, he married my Clara which of course, is my Aunt (fav if I might add), then Aunt Clara had parents, Mr. and Mrs. Levins. It wasn't nothing to see them during the week with Aunt Clara growing up. Stopping by to see them, or family get togethers (we all get together). Did you all get that WE ALL got together. It wasn't nothing to have 25 + people in one house having dinner.

I wish I could be there for them and wish I could just hold them. Isn't it wonderful to have a family like that? Am I rich or what? I do not need money, material items I have family. We have our quirts, spats and down and out fights; but when it all comes down to one thing, we are family.

My prayers are with the Levins family and my memories will always be there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Missed you Cindy! Your Mom & Dad were there (as were Donna & Savannah)and of course LOTS of others. It was a beautiful military (Navy) ceremony. They played taps (live) and I just about lost it when they gave my grandmother the flag.

Hope you can make it out soon!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home