Tuesday, June 13, 2006



My nieces are in Italy and having a wonderful time. I was so excited when I saw them. It has been a very long time since I have seen them and to be honest, I wish I would have seen them more. Living apart from your family is hard, and as always it's the kids who miss out on knowing their family roots. Only what they hear is what they can remember. It is always better when you can talk about your Aunt in a first hand response. For instance. 'You should have seen Aunt Cindy when she was running around the house, she began to slip and her legs flew in the air, and them BAM! Her butt hit the ground; you could feel the earth move." Not the typical stuff from their father or mother, "Yes, I can remember your Aunt Cindy running around the house...." Still they are a joy and to have them remember me is more important than they will ever know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home